Seven Arrows has a long-standing commitment to providing tuition assistance to families who otherwise would not be able to afford an independent school education. Even though we are small by design, we work hard to ensure that we can provide need-based tuition to fill the gap between what a family can contribute and total tuition and fees. Tuition assistance awards are based on each family’s demonstrated financial need; Seven Arrows does not offer academic scholarships or merit-based awards.
In accordance with the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS), we believe that the responsibility for financing a private education rests primarily with the student’s family. Seven Arrows partners with School and Student Services (SSS) by NAIS to process tuition-assistance applications. Families may apply beginning October 19, 2017. Families applying for tuition assistance must create an account with SSS and submit the application to Seven Arrows for consideration. Your tuition-assistance application is complete after you have filled out the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) and uploaded supporting tax documents. Families who do not upload their required application and financial documents will not be considered for assistance.
New Families Only – Tuition Assistance Important Dates for the 2018-2019 School Year
October 19, 2017 – Apply for Tuition Assistance by logging onto SSS and completing the SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS)
February 16, 2018 – Deadline for completing your application, PFS, and supporting tax forms
March 16, 2018 – Admissions and tuition assistance decisions determined
Completing the Parents’ Financial Statement
To begin your tuition assistance application, you must complete SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take some time to complete. You’ll need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. We also recommend that you review the wide range of materials that SSS has put together to help families with the tuition assistance process. They can be found at sssbynais.org/parents. Seven Arrows grants assistance based upon your PFS and our current budget.
- After October 19, 2017, go to sssbynais.org/parents
- Establish a PFS online account or login (for returning applicants)
- Begin a PFS for Academic Year 2018-2019. You can always logout and return to complete the application later
- Submit and pay the non-refundable fee to gain access to managing/uploading documents needed to complete the process
- The Seven Arrows School Code is 2111
List of Required 2017 Tax Documents:
- 2017 W2s
- 2016 Federal Income Tax return, signed, with ALL 2016 schedules and statements
- 2017 Federal Income Tax return, signed, with ALL 2017 schedules and statements
- Business tax return(s) and balance sheet (if you own any part in a farm, sole proprietorship, partnership, S-Corporation) – IRS Schedule K-1, Form 1065, Form 1120, and/or Form 1120S
- SSS customer service – (800) 344-8328
- Seven Arrows tuition assistance questions – Fiona Farrahi at 310.230.0257