18 Jan Inspired by a King
As we gear up for tomorrow’s Kuyam centered around the courage and vision of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., we wanted to share these reflections inspired by perhaps the most influential civil rights leader of our time. Although peaceful activism, service, and equality are often infused in our global and human studies, King’s birthday commands our attention. So much of his work has inspired directly and indirectly the “why” behind our school’s core values and overall responsibility for teaching the whole child.
- “Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.”
- “Forgiveness is not an occasional act; it is a constant attitude.”
- “A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.”
- “I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.”
- “The time is always right to do what is right.”
We hope to see you for tomorrow’s Kuyam inspired by the extraordinary life of Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Seven Arrows students have been engaging in meaningful discussions, research, and activities that inspire and stretch them academically and civically. They are looking forward to collectively honoring King’s legacy of love, hope and inspiration.