Seven Arrows has a one-to-one iPad program from kindergarten to grade 3 and iPads and laptops for grades 4 through 6.
We believe in a technology-immersed program that enhances project-based learning across the curriculum and supports the development of essential lifelong skills. When implemented correctly and thoughtfully, technology in education enhances problem-solving, critical thinking, communication, creativity, collaboration, synthesizing skills, and so much more.
Technology has been fully integrated into all subjects of the curriculum in order not only to provide our students with the necessary skills to meet the needs of the 21st century, but also to develop the following critical fluencies:
• Applying digital tools to create their own questions, pursue their own meaning and become problem anticipators as well as problem solvers
• Deepening creativity by adding meaning through art, design, and storytelling
• Innovative design of a product, adding to its function and form
• Effectively designing and constructing print, sound, video, websites, and 3D environments
• Interactive communications – navigating existing systems as well as designing new ones
• Analytically examining messages (text and image) to decode underlying meaning
• Critically navigating through unfiltered information to determine value
• Creating effective communication through best choice of media aligned to the intended audience
• Developing the use of mobile devices to move learning beyond the classroom
• Collaborating in virtual spaces and documents
• Processing multiple, interconnected streams of information
With these practices, students will have the skills, knowledge, and habits of mind that will allow them to continuously learn and adapt. They will be confident risk-takers in creative thinking, resilient in their pursuit of learning, and capable of taking on new endeavors, not simply repeating what other generations have done.
In addition to developing technological fluency, Digital Citizenship is an essential component which is emphasized in every grade level and the highlight of the fall curriculum school-wide. Digital Citizenship emphasizes safe, responsible, and ethical use of technology tools. Student learning includes concepts such as “nettiquette,” proper citations of online material, self-regulation of use, correct and safe use of devices, and more. The Digital Citizenship program is supported by specially developed curriculum for each grade level and is embedded in each project. It is further supported by tech safety workshops for students and parents.